Water Softeners & Hard Water Treatment
A water softener is a unit that is used to soften water, by removing the minerals that cause the water to become hard. Hardness is the amount of Calcium and Magnesium in a water source. High levels of Calcium and Magnesium makes it “hard” to form a lather or soap suds. It is typically measured in terms of ppm or Grains per Gallon.
Signs that your water is hard:
- Dishes have water spots.
- Soap scum on shower doors and curtains.
- Water heater failure.
- Clothes look dingy.
- Soap won’t lather well.
- Bathtub ring.
- Dry Skin.
- Tangled, rough hair.
Hard Water is typically responsible for the white precipitate or “scale” seen on pipes, faucets, or sinks. This precipitate is the primary problem associated with hardness. This precipitation is not only cosmetically unappealing, but can also cause flow switches and solenoids to stick, drinking valves to leak and drain valves on racks to be difficult to open or close. The best solution for hard water problems is to soften your water. The best way to soften your water is by installing a water softening filtration system.
Benefits of soft water:
- Your hair and skin feels softer, cleaner and smoother with water treated by a water softener.
- Hard water treated with a water softener, greatly reduces housework by eliminating the formation of soap curd.
- Softer clothes without hard minerals trapped in the fabric. Fabrics last longer and whites stay whiter without the dingy gray caused by hard water.
- Hard water made soft through a water softener restores the rich lathering of your soaps and shampoos, thus reducing the usage and costs of these products by 75%.
- Soft water also preserves the life of all water using appliances such as coffee and ice makers, dishwashers, and clothing washers. A water heater protected by a water softening system will also reduce the yearly energy cost of that appliance by 22%-29%
- Cleaner and shinier silverware, glassware, mirrors, tiles, cars, or any plumbing fixtures.
Imagine the look on your friends faces when they see how superbly clean all your chrome surfaces look!? They will envy and admire your impeccably clean house. You’ll grin, knowing your water softener does all the work 🙂
What can I do to treat my hard water?
There are several options available. We can assist you in finding the right option for you, no matter what your budget or situation is! There many different types of water filters that you can choose from. Contact us today and we’ll help get started on the right path to cleaner, safer and more refreshing water for you and your family!
Contact VA Watter, LLC for all your water softener needs! We are licensed and insured.
We service the Dallas and Fort Worth area including locations within a 50 mile radius that include Arlington, Denton, McKinney, Allen, Keller, Weatherford, and more!