Information we may collect from youWe may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
IP addressesWe may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Uses made of the informationWe use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your informationWe may disclose your personal information to:
- any member of our Group of Companies (our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries);
- data processing companies, mailing houses and other third parties working on our behalf (whether directly or indirectly).
- In the event that we sell or buy any business, assets, or shares, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business, assets, or shares.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police, and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organization asking for it.