Sulfur Water Treatment
A common problem with drinking water is a rotten egg smell. Softening can make smelly water much worse. This is dissolved hydrogen sulfide, it’s more common name is “sulfur”. Hydrogen sulfides can enter into the water system through wells or cisterns from decaying and decomposing plant material. Below are a few of the problems common to high concentrations of hydrogen sulfide:
- Rotten egg smell
- Bitter/ foul taste
- High concentrations of sulfides can cause similar problems to that of high iron concentrations.
- Black stain on plumbing fixtures.
- Slime or residue in pipes, fouling appliances and fixtures.
- High hydrogen sulfides can be corrosive to metals. If you have copper water piping or cast iron waste piping in your house this is bad.
- Hydrogen sulfide can foul the resin bed in a common ionic exchange water softener.
What can I do to treat my water?
There are quite a few options available. We can assist you in finding the right option for you, no matter what your budget or situation is! There are many different types of water filters that you can choose from. Contact us today and we’ll help get started on the right path to cleaner, safer and more refreshing water for you and your family!
Click HERE to Contact Us for More Information and a Free Estimate.
We are licensed and insured.
We service the Dallas and Fort Worth area including locations within a 50 mile radius that include Arlington, Denton, Weatherford, McKinney, Irving, Plano, Frisco, Richardson, Grapevine, Colleyville, Coppell, Southlake, Keller, Roanoke, Azle, Springtown, The Colony, Granbury, Benbrook, Cleburne, Burleson, Mansfield, Waxahachie and more.